As of March 4, 2016 all residential builders in British Columbia, building under Part 9 of the BC Building Code, will need to meet the enhanced licensing system. As of your license renewal date, you will be required to accumulate 40 CPDs within your license term, 20 of which can be through informal learning (the course type found on eLearn).
For full details on BC Housing’s enhanced licensing system, click here.
- Relevant enactments (building code)
- Construction management and supervision
- Construction technology
- Customer service and home warranty insurance
- Financial planning and budget management
- Legal issues
- Business planning, management, and administration
- Business ethics
Check out this easy-to-read infograph to help you understand the basics of the BC Builder Licensing system and how you can achieve your CPD points through GVHBA’s Continuing Education Series: